DICTIONARY OXFORD ENGLISH, FOR SCHOOLS PAPER BACK
The Oxford English Dictionary for Schools is carefully targeted to support secondary school students with their independent reference skills, to improve their spelling, punctuation, and grammar, and to build vocabulary. Ideal support at school and home for GCSEs and Controlled Assessments
- Fully updated vocabulary, geared towards the KS3 curriculum and GCSEs.
- Provides support with language context, with carefully leveled example sentences from children's literature - authors include David Almond, William Golding, Philip Pullman, J. K. Rowling, and Anthony Horowitz
- Subject-specific vocabulary labels (Maths, Science, Art, Music, etc.) for cross-curricular use across school subjects
- Related words, word families, and antonyms, for building vocabulary
- Extended word histories for wider language reference
- Topic panels for additional language support, especially in grammar, spelling, and punctuation